Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Common Ground Healing Arts’ (CGHA) staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
The next ED will be excited about creating, supporting, and maintaining holistic health and healing opportunities for the greater Charlottesville region. This ED will be knowledgeable and curious about race-, gender-identity-, income-, and sexuality- based health disparities. This ED will have or will develop skills in the following areas in order to allow CGHA to meet its mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as CGHA’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance CGHA’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing and updating employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
- High level of cultural competency
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Compensation is $50,000/year and benefits.
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume with to HR@commongroundcville.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with reviews beginning January 24, 2021