Common Ground Healing Arts – a non-profit wellness studio committed to making complementary healthcare more affordable and accessible – seeks an experienced and strategic individual to lead the organization into its next chapter. Common Ground offers pay-what-you-can yoga, acupuncture, massage, and meditation services to the community through a combination of in-house programming and community-based initiatives.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Common Ground Healing Arts and its mission. Responsibilities include fundraising and grant-writing, maintaining and developing programming, overseeing and facilitating daily operations, managing staff and practitioner relations, maintaining and improving facilities, and building upon partnerships in the community and relationships with the Board of Directors.
Successful candidates will be motivated, responsible, and organized. They will have clear skills and interests in non-profit management and fundraising. The ability to balance both big-picture, long term planning and development with the day-to-day workings of a complex operational structure is required. The ideal candidate will be bright, detail-oriented, and able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will also be passionate about community wellness and addressing the racial and socioeconomic barriers to improving access, awareness, and affordability of complementary healthcare in Charlottesville.
Common Ground Healing Arts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are dedicated to building a multicultural workplace and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Actively engage and energize Common Ground’s staff, volunteers, board members, committee members, partnering organizations, and funders
- Maintain consistency and quality of current programs while continuing to develop new programs and increase earned revenue
- Increase fundraising by sourcing and engaging new grants and major gifts
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and community allies
- Develop high priority strategic partnerships as appropriate to the mission
- Set goals for, manage, and evaluate performance of a diverse and talented staff
- Manage relationships with healing arts practitioners and instructors
- Ensure effective implementation of systems to track client demographics and program impact
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, the media, and the general public
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant trends and developments in the healing arts field, as well as needs within the local community
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it
- Collaborate with Board to create a strategic plan for 2020; work in unison with Board and Staff to achieve strategic goals
- Attend monthly Board meetings and monthly 1:1 with Board Liaison
- Review budget vs. actuals with Board Treasurer monthly
- Prioritize one’s own health, wellness, and life balance in order to be the strongest team member possible, model self-care, and to serve as a source of light and inspiration in our community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with fundraising and donor relations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership and staff development skills
- Experience with grant writing and program evaluation
- Experience with budgeting and financial management
- Strong computer and software systems skills
- A personal interest or commitment to self-care and community wellness
- Willingness to work some evenings, weekends & special events as needed
Type: Full-time, benefited
This is a full-time, benefited position. To apply, please send professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is November 12, 2019. Thank you.